Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hmmm....I'm thinking Christmas presents

I used to take classes in all sorts of things. After I bought my house seven years ago I kind of got caught up in house stuff and mortgage payments. I pursued my interests, but not as much as I wanted. Well, I decided after a pretty nasty case of depression this summer to take some classes. I took an evening aromatherapy class last month and a bookbinding class at Oregon Art Supply. This is the book from that class ,taught by Jill Cardinal, just finished today. It was a 3 day class but I missed last week as I was sick. It is called a map book. It's an accordian style book. Normally there would be a pocket with a pamphlet booklet inside, but some how I skipped a step and missed that part. All in all I am pretty darn happy with the book and the class. So much so that I signed up for another one starting next weekend.


3 comments:

Jenn said...

I wish I were you!!
You knitt, You make books, jewelry, sewing...
I am just getting into crafty stuff and I want to do it all! I don't think I'll ever be as accomplished as you.

Angelina said...

That is an incredibly gorgeous book!

Unknown said...

Anyone who makes such lovely BOOKS and appreciates the divinity of Led Zepp, is okay with me.