Monday, October 6, 2008

Next project




I am hoping to use up this green yarn from my stash. I bought it for another sweater about 8 years ago and got really burnt out on the pattern. I am a knit purl kind of gal. The sweater I had planned on making involved cables and all sorts of fancy stuff. I like mindless knitting. Scarves are great. Actually patterns in scarves work for me OK. It is just when I have to increase and decrease for sleeves AND think about the cable or other pattern, it becomes work and not fun. The pink sweater I am currently working on is only about 4 years in the making. I had to take a break from knitting for awhile because of a hip injury. I couldn't sit still for any length of time without a lot of pain. Thankfully that is behind me...(knock on wood.) Hopefully I will get it done fairly soon. I have been known to have a sweater completely knitted and let it set for months until I get the nerve to actually do the finishing. For some reason it is really intimidating. I guess it's because this is where you actually find out that it really did matter that your gauge was off. I have learned to not knit under the influence of Nyquil. Yep, learned that one really well. Anyone working on any knitting projects older than their kids?

No comments: