Monday, September 29, 2008

Do you remember....

this song?. Bib overalls, British street urchin look. Some friends and I wore our bib overalls like Eileen in the video to the Oregon Country Fair that summer. Ummmm...would not be caught dead doing that now. Isn't amazing how music can capture a mood or period of time? When I think of high school I think of the Police, U2 (Boy, War, October), the Kinks, The Jam, English Beat, Squeeze, Style Council, the Clash and yes, Dexy's Midnight Runners and Big Country and these segued into Zeppelin, the Who, the Doors, the Stones, Dylan and the Dead, Bob Marley, Creedence Clearwater Revival my senior year and into my freshman at University. Those bib overalls were rather versatile really, street urchin to hippie chick. I think I need to get another pair of bib overalls...

What music defines your wild and crazy days?

3 comments:

Angelina said...

I love that song!

I liked a lot of music from that time period. A little bit later and everything I listened to got really dark and I don't like revisiting it.

Gina said...

I love the song too. I named one of my dogs "Eileen" just so I could say, "Come on, Eileen..."! :)

Tonia said...

Gina,
I love that! That makes me smile.
tonia