Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ummm...test, test, is this thing on?

O.K. here goes....After much debate over the name for the blog, I have chosen this one. It isn't actually an exact quote from the Donovan song. Someone already has "tryandcatchthewind" as their blog title. It is rather exciting although, I do feel a bit vulnerable. I am not sure why I feel so compelled to do this. I have friends that are using their blogs to connect with potential customers. I don't really think that is my angle as I am not selling anything at the moment. I just want to have some place to capture my thoughts, ramblings and favorite things to share with others. I just turned 40 last week and somehow that number just seems too big in connection to me. I have felt lonely lately, I have wonderful people in my life so I am not actually wanting for company. I just feel a void and no, it won't be filled by Jesus, thank you very much. I mean no offence to those who believe but that is not my path. I feel like I did when I wrote my first letter to a pen-pal. What do I write, will anyone read this anyway? My first "pal" was from England. A place I ached to visit. Her name was Sally. I tried to be cool and impress her with my musical tastes... I did not succeed. In retrospect her love of Duran Duran should have tipped me off we weren't really on the same page. She did suggest I give her address to my friend Norma whose adoration of Duran Duran seemed to match hers. The second pen pal lived in Antwerp, Belgium. I hadn't really thought too much about Belgium at the time. Her musical tastes were more sophisticated than Sally's and my own. It is rather funny that I ended up travelling to both countries several years later. I had forgotten though, these attempts at foreign diplomacy until just a few weeks ago. I was trying to clean out the garage and found a large box full letters. Letters from relatives, friends, boyfriends, people I barely remember and some I don't have a clue who they were. Among them were about 10 or so from these two pen friends. Enough for now. tonia

3 comments:

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

Hey cutie! I didn't know you turned 40. When I was coming to your house, I had in mind to ask you WHICH birthday this was, but was sidetracked by all the booze and disco!!!!!!!

We need a date just to talk about that. I'm turning 40 next and have lots of thoughts.

First of all: CONGRATS! It's a whole new era for you! Fresh new decade!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Aly

Angelina said...

I've been wishing you would write a blog for months. You always have such interesting thoughts to share in the comments and I always feel you could be writing your own blog and I'd want to know what was on your mind.

I know what it's like to have lots of good people in your life and still feel lonely or a little empty spot that bothers the spirit. I have to say that hearing from people on my blog actually makes me feel less of that. Though ultimately the companionship we need the most is in ourselves.

Anyway...I'm a year and a half from forty and have no thoughts on it myself yet so look forward to yours.

Angelina said...

Oh, and you know you can e-mail me anytime you want, right?

angelinadotwilliamsonatverizondotnet