Friday, August 20, 2010

A little bit of everything...

I like the light at this time of year.
Normally these shelves are cluttered with knickknacks. I need a calm spot to focus on these days...



Plums! Lots of them! Tasty but small.


Inside the compost bin...Not just one! At least one or two smaller ones. Since the chickens are gone, I have found myself going out to the bin just to check on the snakes. (I am not really a reptile person in general.) I worry and wonder about them. Sad, I know. I see you shaking your heads in disbelief. I do not feel all warm and fuzzy about them but do find them interesting.

Frida, on the shower curtain rail. I found a really great home for her. She has a buddy that is about her age and they sleep indoors with their people! I miss my hens terribly but after Buffy was murdered my heart just wasn't in it. Frida's people have sent updates and photos and could not be nicer.

A favorite vase that belonged to my grandmother. All of the flowers were from my garden. The lilies were amazing this year!

No comments: