Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....


Sort of. My friend Hannah came over yesterday afternoon for some crafty fun. I had hoped making Christmas cards would get me in a Christmas frame of mind. It hasn't sunk in yet that Christmas is less than 20 days away. I had a good time with Hannah but still not feeling the Christmas spirit.
The weather is doing its best to remind me it is December. It is clear and cold. The Willamette Valley is being visited by an Arctic front. Lovely but freaking cold. I went to a holiday faire on Saturday. My friend Alysse from Bliss Monkey Studio was there selling her fabulous fingerless gloves. My pair that I have will be worn tomorrow at 5:30pm at 5th Street Public Market here in Eugene MoveOn.org is hosting a Cost of Delay Candlelight Vigil. There is likely a vigil in a city near you happening. If you feel that the US needs a public option for health care NOW then please make your voice heard and attend a vigil if you can.

2 comments:

Angelina said...

And of course I didn't even know that was going on. I'm sure there was one in Portland and just as sure there wasn't one in my own town.

I'm loving the cold (and now wet!) but I'm not necessarily in the holiday spirit either. But maybe now you are?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.