Wednesday, February 4, 2009
I have been tagged!
My good friend Alysse from blissmonkeystudio tagged me to list 7 things about myself involving books.
1. I have more books than bookshelves. I have about 5 large plastic bins filled with books in the garage. I have a book shelf full of crafty books in the studio, one in the craft room and a cupboard full of craft books in the house. I also have about 100 cookbooks. Loads of self help books and lots of folk/fairy/fantasy/mystery books
2. If I am enjoying a book, I will do nothing but read until I am done if possible.
3. I have all of the hardbound yellow spine Nancy Drew mysteries. (In the garage.)
4. I dated a guy in college that had a THING for books. I mean, hmmm I guess a fetish would be the word. I couldn't compete (didn't really want to either.)
5. I re-read favorite books. I have read the Lord of the Rings trilogy every summer since 8th grade. Madeleine L'Engle and Mary Stewart's other books (not the Merlin ones) are favorites.
6. I recently finished The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
7. I read a lot of "young adult" fiction. Think Phillip Pullman, Libba Bray and Holly Black.
I am supposed to tag 7 other bloggers. I am going to be lazy and ask that if you want to consider yourself tagged, please let me know so I can read your posts. Thanks Aly for asking me to play!